What we do with your data
We are committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your child is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how we protect it.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you and your child to provide care and learning that is tailored to meet your child’s individual needs. Your local designated Admin team will be able to help associate you with other like minded people.
Personal details that we collect about your child include:
- your child’s name, date of birth, address, health and medical needs, development needs, and any special educational needs.
We will also ask for information about who has parental responsibility for your child and any court orders pertaining to your child.
Personal details that we collect about you include:
- Your name, email address, optional phone number, whether you are a parent or educator and
As time develops, and with your permission, we will obtain further details such as your children’s full details eg. Name, date of birth.
This information will be collected from you directly in the registration form.
Why we collect this information and the lawful basis for handling your data
We use personal data about you and your child in-order to provide community educational services and fulfil the contractual arrangement you have entered into. This includes using your data to:
- contact you in case of an emergency
- to support your child’s wellbeing and development
- to manage any special educational, health or medical needs of your child whilst at our setting
- to carry out regular assessment of your child’s progress and to identify any areas of concern
- to maintain contact with you about your child’s progress and respond to any questions you may have
- to keep you updated with information about our service
- To inform you of new information and to include you in the community processes of the setting.
With your consent, we will also record your child’s activities for personal record and reference and to potentially share (with permission) the media on our website (www.ncschools.uk) and on telegram social media. This may include photographs and videos. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time, for images taken by confirming so in writing.
We have a lawful obligation to care and to ensure optimum and effective safety of your child/ren. Your information will be used to process safeguarding related data about your child should we have concerns about their welfare. We also have a lawful obligation to transfer records and certain information about your child to the school that your child will be attending (see Transfer of Records policy).
Who we share your data with
To enable us to deliver childcare services we will also share your data as required with the following categories of recipients:
- Associated administrators with your local area and “super” admins who have access to all personal information, in all counties.
We will also share your data if:
- we are lawfully required to do so, for example, by law or by a common law court.
- to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of your contract with us;
- to protect your child and other children; by sharing information with the Common Law Constables or associated Common Law Court processes (including all those individuals in need of personal details to commence lawfully in a court trial)
- it is necessary to protect our rights, property or safety.
We will never share your data with any other organisation to use for their own purposes
How do we protect your data?
We protect unauthorised access to your personal data and prevent it from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed by:
All personal data of individuals is stored on a private, secure server and on Admin-only, shared and is only accessible to admins with password admin accounts.
How long do we retain your data?
We will hold a record infinitely of your presence while attending the NCS community schools. Personal information, and all other forms of media will be deleted upon your rightful request. Otherwise, we may retain this information for future referencing and analysis.
We do not make any decisions about your child based soley on automated decision-making.
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- request access, amend or correct yours or your child’s personal data
- request that we delete or stop processing yours or your child’s personal data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing.
- request that we transfer your, and your child’s personal data to another living man or woman or company (non statute).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights at any time or if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this privacy notice, or how we handle your data please contact us.
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under regular review. You will be notified of any changes where appropriate.